Moodle has a very robust calendar system which can be used to organize events that affect everyone in Moodle, course events (quizzes, assignments, etc.) and also group and user events.
This tutorial will walk you through creating a calendar event in Moodle.
1. Turn editing on by clicking on Turn Editing On on the top right of your Moodle course page.
2. Click on the linked month name near the top of the calendar block.
3. Click New Event near the top of the screen.
4. Specify what type of event you are creating.
Moodle uses user, group, course, and site events to manage the calendar. Determine which event you would like to create. If you choose a group event, be sure to specify in the group event field which group it belongs to. Most instructors will be creating course or group events.
5. Enter a title for the event.
6. Add a description or any pertinent information regarding the event in the description area.
7. Click on Duration to expand the options. Choose the duration of the event.
If you are unsure of the duration, you can choose without duration.
8. Determine if this event will repeat and if so how often.
Events can only be repeated weekly. However, you can create as many events as you want to facilitate your needs.
9. Be sure to click on Save Changes at the bottom.
NOTE: Moodle activities will be linked to the calendar block according to the dates specified when you set up your activity. There is no need to manually input assignments or quizzes unless they are setup and performed outside of Moodle.